Required Clinical Supervision for LCPC Licensure
- The LPC License is not required to become a LCPC.
- During your hours of experience you need regular clinical experience.
- Your clinical supervisor needs to be:
- Rule "The supervisor shall have met with the applicant at least one hour each week. The supervision means the review of counseling and case management.
The experience shall have been evaluated by the supervisor as satisfactory or better."
- Rule Acceptable modes for supervision of direct client contact are as follows:
Individual supervision: the supervisory session is conducted by an approved supervisor with one or two counselors present.
Group supervision: the supervisory session is conducted by an approved supervisor with no more than 5 counselors present.
- Supervision needs to be live.
Rule Live face to face supervision does not include mail, email, telefax
- Rule A qualified supervisor may be provided at the applicant's
place of work or may be hired by the applicant to provide supervision.
List of Supervisors.